Thursday, September 4, 2008

School, Smores, Monkeys and the Utes

Warning: this blog has a LOT of pictures. But I hope you enjoy them all!

Well we are officially getting into fall now and that means it's time for Alex to start preschool. He started this Tuesday and so far is loving it. He goes twice a week for a few hours in the morning. I think it's harder on Andy than it is on Alex. Poor Andy doesn't understand why he can't go have fun like Alex does. But Andy and Mommy have been doing lots of fun things like watching Thomas, playing trains and drawing pictures. It's still hard for me to believe that Alex is old enough to be going to school.

Here are a few pictures we took on his first day with his totally cool Transformers backpack. (Thank you Grammy, Pappi and Auntie Ashlee!)



Alex has been asking me for quite some time if we could make smores. So the other day for an afternoon snack, we made some it the microwave. They didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped. But the boys loved them and made quite the mess out of them. Andy didn't eat too much of them but Alex went to town. Here are a few pictures from that exprience. Oh and a special thanks goes out to Aunt Ashlee for teaching Alex about the "wanna see a train wreck?" He does that and the "seefood" trick all the time now. It's pretty funny though. =)







The annual Utah Football Fanfest was a few weekends ago and Chris took the boys to get their footballs signed, flirt with the cheerleaders (the boys both like blondes) and run around on the field. Here are a few pictures from that:









This last one is of the boys with Coach Boylen.


Several years ago for Christmas, we gave Aunt Caitie a big blown up monkey, which is kind of one of those funny inside jokes. We pulled it out the other day to let the boys play with it and they both proceeded to ask for bananas. So they sat down with the monkey and had some bananas:




Next we have a few funny pictures of the boys taken over the past few weeks.
The first two are of the boys in some costumes they like to play in. (for obvious reasons)
The last two are of the boys having some "quiet time". When they are needing some time to just relax and be quiet, they like to lay their blankets out and curl up on the floor to watch a movie. I usually get squished between them, but I love it.





Last but not least, here are a few pictures that Chris had taken of himself and the boys a few weeks ago. Chris' friend did a fantastic job. They turned out SO well. Chris sent me these through emails, so he has the larger prints. I believe he'll also be getting a CD with all of the pictures on them. To the members of my family-I'll be printing some out for all of us. I will also be getting the boys' pictures done in a few months again for Christmas. I had some great ideas for some pictures of them so we'll get on that soon.














For the family-we are planning a small party for the boys in October. It will just be cake and ice cream, nothing too fancy. But we'll send out invitations in the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for them.

Oh and a great big huge CONGRATULATIONS to Aunt Caitie and her boyfriend Rob. They got engaged this past week and are going to be getting married in January. Rob is a really nice guy and we like him a lot.

The boys send lots of hugs and kisses to everyone and we love you all!

4 comments:

John and Heidi said...

So the tall dark handsome guy is the boys father?

The pictures are sooo cute. Glad to here the Alex likes perschool.

Rob&CaitieGiles said...

Those are awesome pictures, Amy. And thanks for the congratulations. :) Rob and I both appreciate it.

Laura said...

Fun pics! Oh - and congrats to Caitlin! Wow! I love blogs b/c then I am kept "in the loop" on all the family news! How exciting!!!

Jessie said...

I can't believe how much Chris has changed! He looks really good and happy with the boys. Those are very cute pics of them. I love the one of them holding his hands. I can't believe Alex is old enough to be in preschool either. Your kids are so dang cute!!!