Monday, December 1, 2008

The New Kitty

The boys and I decided to get a new kitten last weekend. A few months ago, Nellie, our sweet kitty for almost 19 years, had to be put to sleep. She was getting old and not doing very well. Since then we've wanted to get a new pet. Papa really wants a doggy but because they boys still have a little fear of them, I thought we'd start small with a kitty. This is Molly and she's a little over 2 months old. The boys absolutely love her and have a blast playing around with her. She's very active but loves to be held and cuddled too. At night she likes to go in and hang out with the boys while they fall asleep and she loves laying on Alex's bed. She greets us with a purrrr and rubs against the boys' legs. We decided on Molly because I wanted a kitty named Holly. (after Audrey Hepburn's character in Breakfast at Tiffany's- "Cat" just doesn't seem to work) After talking it over with the boys, Andy said, "How about Molly, like the train." Alex liked it too so Molly it is. Here she is:






Since Molly likes to climb up in the windowsill, Alex thought he would give it a shot too. Here he is and here's a few pictures of Andy as well.






We are planning on going to see Santa this week sometime and go downtown to check out the lights as well. The boys are SOOO excited for Christmas. If they had their way, their Christmas lists would be at least a mile long.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Awwww... Kittens are so cute!

Jessie said...

What a cute little kitten! I am sorry to hear that your cat passed away. I can't believe how old she was. What a lucky to have such a loving family and what a lucky kitten to join your family.